There was great chaos in the Ikotun area of Lagos State, when some homosexual men allegedly fought one another after contracting HIV Virus.
Some homosexuals allegedly fought one another after contracting the Human Immunodefeciency Virus (HIV) in Egbe, around Ikotun area of Lagos State when one of the men, identified as Ezeugo, infected his first lover with the virus.
According to a report by PUNCH Metro, Ezeugo had reportedly brought in another boyfriend to the house and was about to make love to him when the first boyfriend raised the alarm around 3:00am on Tuesday.
It was gathered that policemen from the Ikotun division were invited by residents and the suspects were arrested.
While speaking to a correspondent, a police source said the prime suspect, Ezeugo, confessed to have been a homosexual for about five years.
He said, “We got a distress call from residents around 3am that there was a fight among five homosexuals living together in a room apartment.
“On getting there, we were told that late that night, the neighbours heard a noise and thought a thief had broken into the house. But they later discovered that the noise came from the room where the men stayed and that they were fighting.
“The tenant who accommodated the others, Ezeugo, had gone out to bring a new gay partner and was about to sleep with him when his first lover protested that he could not be sleeping with him and his tribesman from Calabar, Cross River State.
“Ezeugo denied that he wanted to sleep with the new person. While we were interviewing them, the first lover said his major grouse was that Ezeugo was sleeping with him and wanted to sleep with his tribesman as well.”
Meanwhile, the state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Chike Oti, who identified the men as Ezeugo, Akachukwu, Abuchi, Dara and Marvellous, whose ages ranged from 20 to 31, said the suspects fought after they discovered that they had been infected with HIV.
The police spokesperson said the five suspects were in custody and they were assisting with investigation.
He said, “They were into gay relationship and a quarrel broke out among them. The security men who listened to their heated argument alerted the police and the Ikotun Divisional Police Officer sent men there to arrest them.
“One of them confessed to be HIV/AIDS positive and said it was his boyfriend that infected him. The boyfriend was sleeping with the other men as well and that was the cause of their fight.”
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship