On April 9, 2021, Shehu Mohammed was apprehended with five rounds of live ammunition.
Shehu Mohammed was arrested by security operatives at the Kogi State Polytechnic for being in possession of a locally fabricated revolver weapon.
Mohammed has matriculation number 2018/ND/PAD/170 and is a National Diploma II student in the institution’s Department of Public Administration.
He was apprehended with five rounds of live ammunition while passing through the main entrance of the school on Friday, in addition to illegally possessing the weapon.
A ‘stop and search’ officer approached the student, who was on his way to the campus to write his ND II final exam. He was asked to hand over his belongings.
When he realised he’d be caught with live bullets, he bolted, and has since been turned over to the proper law enforcement agency for further questioning and investigation.
Dr Salisu Usman, the polytechnic’s rector, responded by assuring the school’s staff and students that no stone would be left unturned in restoring sanity to the campus.
He also praised the institution’s security unit for its efforts, and urged members of the polytechnic community to always be on the right side of the law.
Mohammed’s arrest came after the school authorities banned end-of-examination celebrations, citing an intelligence report that alleged cultists intended to storm the campus with weapons in retaliation for a colleague’s death following the exam in 2019.
As a result, the school’s administration increased security on campus, including regular routine checks at the polytechnic entrance and premises.
The institution’s security operatives seized a tricycle on Thursday that was allegedly used as a decoy for concealing weapons and firing gunshots outside the school doors.
On Wednesday, they arrested a non-student who was accused of being hired machinery with a charm-made local bulletproof.
The perpetrator, who was later handed over to law enforcement, said he came to the campus to celebrate with his sister after she finished her test.
Pay Attention To:
- Massive Recruitment at Tecnimont Nigeria Limited
- Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission Recruitment for Ad-hoc Staff ( KAD SIECOM Recruitment 2021 Portal ) Apply here
- Job Employment Opportunities at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Delta State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021 for Graduate
- Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Recruitment 2021
- Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development Internship Programme 2021