The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested one Ihebuzo Chris for alleged cyber stalking.
He was apprehended in Benin, Edo State, following a petition from a new generation bank.
The financial institution said the suspect, in a video, boasted to be in possession of personal information and Bank Verification Numbers (BVNs) of over 1000 customers.
Chris claimed to have obtained them after hacking into the bank’s database from his personal laptop computer.
EFCC operatives recovered the computer, a printout of over 2000 bank account details, including the BVNs and 12 ATM cards.
The commission added that an investigation is ongoing to unravel more details and accomplices.
Chris would be charged to court afterwards.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers