Four persons were on Saturday crushed to death by a tanker in Rumuapara community in the Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State.
The tanker rammed into a bar where the four persons were drinking, killing all of them on the spot. It was gathered that the vehicle heading for Eleme Refinery to load petroleum product, skidded off the road due to brake failure. A source disclosed that a Sport Utility Vehicle parked by the side of the road was destroyed by the tanker.
The incident, which happened at about 3.45pm, was said to have shocked residents of the area, who wondered how the heavy-duty vehicle rammed into the beer palour. It was learnt that the driver of the vehicle swerved off the road when he noticed the brake failure.
According to report, the policemen attached to Rumuokoro Police Station later arrived the scene and took away bodies of the deceased.
When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Nnamdi Omoni, said he had not been briefed on the incident.
Omoni, however, promised to speak on the incident as soon as he was briefed by the Divisional Police Officer at Rumuokoro.
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE