Peter Obi responds to suit by PDP seeking his disqualification from contesting for the 2023 election
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, filed a lawsuit in Abuja’s Federal High Court seeking to disqualify Dr. Peter Obi, the Labour Party’s (LP) presidential candidate, from running in the 2023 election. Dr. Peter Obi has responded.
PDP has gone before the court and requested that it prevent Obi from removing Okupe as his running mate.
The PDP also asked the court to stop the incumbent All Progressives Congress, APC, candidate Bola Ahmed Tinubu from appointing Kabiru Masari as his running mate.
The Peoples democratic party,PDP asked the court to disqualify both the presidential Candidate of the All Progressive, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and The Labour party presidential candidate, Peter Obi if they decide to switch Okupe and Masari as their running mates.
Yusuf Baba-Ahmed and Kashim Shettima, respectively, have taken Okupe and Masari’s places as Obi and Tinubu’s running mates.
Through his attorney Alex Ejesieme (SAN), Obi reacted to the originating petition by filing a notice of preliminary objection, dated July 18, asking the court to dismiss the PDP lawsuit “for want of essential jurisdiction.”
Obi has four reasons for objecting to the PDP’s Suit.
The first ground said that the plaintiff’s lawsuit was “speculative, conjectural in nature, and devoid of actual facts, thereby divesting this court of jurisdiction to decide over same.”
According to Obi’s lawyer, The PDP “has not disclosed any plausible cause of action to trigger the jurisdiction” of the court.
Recommended Naija News
- Kuje Prison Attack: Heads will roll as Buhari receives report indicting officials – FG
- Court okays sacking of official who tampered with INEC database
- JAMB cut off mark for 2022 admission Emerges
- Dana Air suspension: FG grounds Dana Air days after Aero Contractors’ crisis
The PDP’s lawsuit “is not situated within the jurisdictional limitations of the Federal High Court,” Obi’s attorney further stated.
Obi’s attorney continued, “The plaintiff’s lawsuit is a flagrant abuse of the court process.”
Nigerian Job [Apply Now]
- KDSG Teachers Recruitment of 10,000 Graduates : How to Apply, KDSG Jobs Login Portal, KDSG SUBEB News
- Access Bank Entry Level Recruitment & Internship Job Vacancies (4 Positions)
- FBN General Insurance Graduate Trainee Massive Recruitment
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines