Governor Ifeanyi Okowa has sent a congratulatory message to the People Democratic Party after its candidate, Mr Jude Ogbimi won Saturday’s by-election.
The election is for the Isoko North constituency seat in Delta House of Assembly.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had over the weekend declared the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr. Jude Ogbimi, as the winner of Saturday’s Isoko North Constituency by-election.
It said 11 parties contested the House Assembly poll.
The Returning Officer, Prof. Christopher Onosemuode of the Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE), who announced the result yesterday, said Ogbimi scored 29, 421 votes to defeat eight other candidates.
He said the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Emmanuel Tabuko, polled 2,543 votes to emerge second, while the candidate of the ADP, Agose Ogagaoghene, came third with 66 votes.
Said he: “I, Prof. Christopher Onosemuode of the Federal University of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE), Effurun, Delta State, hereby declare that Ogbimi of the PDP, having scored the highest number of valid votes, is hereby pronounced as the winner of the Isoko North Constituency by-election in line with electoral guidelines.”
Google Search Terms
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst