Pay State workers from Abuja
Governors diverted bailout funds to execute various capital projects
Former Nigerian High Commissioner to Canada, Chief Dare Bejide, advised President Muhammadu Buhari to ignore state governors and pay state civil servants directly.
He said, the only means Federal Government can stop the governors from “mismanaging bailout is to devise a legal means of paying state workers directly from Abuja.”
He gave the advice in an interview with journalists in Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti state on Saturday.
Recommended NPOWER SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
He said it very worrisome, that more two-third of the states could not meet their financial obligations to their workers. “Unfortunately, it is like most of the governors diverted the funds to execute various capital projects.”
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022