Pastor regains freedom after 7 months in Boko Haram captivity
Seven months after being kidnapped by Islamic State terrorists in Gombe State, Rev. Polycarp Zongo, a pastor at COCIN Wild Life Park Jos, Plateau State, has regained his freedom.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 ALSO READ : Breaking: Top APC Leader is Dead
- 0.2 ALSO READ :Nnamdi Kanu Reacts As Nigerian Army Begs Boko Haram / ISWAP For Reconciliation
- 0.3 ALSO READ :Food Scarcity Looms Across Nigeria: FG Orders All Nigerians to do This Immediately
- 1 Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
ALSO READ : Breaking: Top APC Leader is Dead
The cleric was one of numerous humanitarian workers and civilians released by militants in Maiduguri, Borno State, on Monday, June 14.
Rev. Zongo shared his storey during a prayer session at the COCIN RCC Garki in Abuja on Tuesday, June 15.
On October 19, 2020, he and two Christian women were kidnapped by Boko Haram jihadists.
The pastor and the two nameless women were kidnapped while travelling from Jos to Gombe State for a conference, according to a video published by the sect two weeks after the kidnapping.
“On Monday, October 19, 2020, I was travelling to Gombe for a church conference when we came across the caliphate’s armed men who captured me along the way; and right now, I’m with them,” Pastor Zongo said in Hausa, pleading for assistance from Governor Simon Lalong, the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), and others.
A fabrication from unknown sources reported that he had been released before negotiations could begin.
Photos: pastor regains freedom after 7 months in Boko Haram captivity
# pastor regains freedom after 7 months in Boko Haram captivity
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE