The trending news from money market now is that, the value of bitcoin, the most popular cryptocurrency has crashed to a one year low, hovering around $4,000 as the volume of the cryptocurrency in Nigeria dipped to N1.08 billion, in a 24-hour panic-driven market.
A panicked market saw not only the value of bitcoin but other cryptocurrencies shed millions across board. Data from Coin telegraph’s price tracker, Coin360, CoinMarketCap, and Bitcoin ticker captured frenetic activity into Tuesday as BTC/USD dropped up to 17 percent, at one point reaching $4,237.
Analysts believe if the value of the cryptocurrency which once sold at almost $20,000 in December 2017, breaks the $4,000 border may crash to $3,000. As regulators in the Nigerian market warned against the cryptocurrency market and the value dropped, the volume of bitcoin traded in the country has waned.
From a high of N2.07 billion in December 2017, the volume of bitcoin traded in the country has declined, albeit at a slow pace, moving alongside the price depreciation of the cryptocurrency. The volume however dipped to N1.08 billion last week, the lowest since September 2017.
Job Opportunity Don’t miss out:ExxonMobil Graduate Entry-level & Experienced 2018 Massive Recruitment
Bitcoin’s daily losses currently total 15.5 percent after a correction to around $4,500, while the situation remains highly volatile as the pair tests new resistance levels. The events mark a continuation of the unsettled conditions sparked Nov. 15 when altcoin Bitcoin Cash (BCH) experienced a contentious hard fork, which has since resulted in the emergence of two separate competing chains.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
- RECOMMENDED LINKS
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]