There is panic in Delta State.
Unidentified men have invaded the isolation center at the Federal Medical Centre, FMC, Asaba, and forcefully moved a patient who tested positive for COVID-19 from the hospital.
The patient identified as Mr Michael Mordi.
Ejes Gist TV learnt that the patient has been very aggressive and continually threatened the caregivers and also rejected his medications.
Source Said, the men stormed the center in two cars at about 6pm, against the consent of those on duty and took the patient in one of the cars and drove off.
Source who don’t want his name to be on print claimed the men were relatives of the patient from Agbor and they have the right to take their family member away from the hospital.
Reacting to the development, the Delta State Ministry of Health has expressed displeasure over the uncooperative stance of Mr Michael Nwachukwu Mordi, whom it said tested positive to COVID-19 on May 23rd and was admitted into the FMC Treatment Centre, Asaba on May 24th.
The Ministry in a press release , said “since the admission of Mr. Michael Mordi he has been very aggressive and continually threatened the caregivers and also rejected his medications.
“At 6pm today (Monday), June 1st, against medical advice, Mr Michael Nwachukwu Mordi, obviously consenting, was forcefully removed from the treatment centre by 7 men who claimed to be his relatives and without wearing any protective coverings.
“The men, therefore, constitute danger to their own health and that of populations and communities with which they come in contact. We used this medium to alert the general public about the public health danger of associating with the patient and with those who have exposed themselves to him.
“The Ministry strongly advised that the said patient be returned to the treatment center for proper care and those who have already been exposed to him should immediately go into supervised self-quarantine for the next 14 days”
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies