The petrol tanker
According to The PUNCH, a petrol-laden tanker fell and spilled its content on the road on Wednesday at Western Avenue, Ojuelegba area of Lagos State.
It was gathered that the yet-to-be-identified driver lost control of the vehicle after it developed a mechanical fault while in motion.
The General Manager, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, said no fatality was recorded, adding that emergency responders had cordoned off the area to prevent a secondary incident.
He said, “Upon arrival at the scene of the incident, it was discovered that a Conoil tanker with unknown registration number loaded with 33,000 litres of PMS lost control while in motion and fell sideways as a result of a suspected mechanical fault.
“This led to the contents spilling on the main carriageway and obstructing vehicular activities. There was no loss of life nor injury sustained at the scene.
“A joint effort comprising the LASEMA Response Team, Federal Fire Service, LASG fire service, Police and LNSC officials worked together to cordon off and blanket the area to prevent a secondary incident. Recovery operation ongoing.”
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International