Prof. Akin Abayomi
The Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, said a total of 119 people with COVID-19 symptoms have been identified in the state following a house to house search.
Abayomi disclosed this at a press briefing on Tuesday, April 14. He said a total of 118,000 households had been reached in the search of possible COVID-19 cases in communities.
The Lagos State Government had announced on Thursday, April 9, that it has commenced a house to house search to find possible Coronavirus patients. He said community search was activated to limit the spread of the disease in the state which had the highest number of COVID-19 patients in the country.
The search yielded 119 people showing symptoms that are suggestive of COVID-19.
Abayomi said: “We’ve embarked on an active case search in communities. The idea is to go to hot spots and go from door to door with our health personnel.
“So far, in the last two days, we’ve visited 118,000 households and we’re looking for the typical symptoms of COVID-19.
“We’ve identified about 119 people who have the symptoms that are suggestive of COVID-19.
“But let me remind you that COVID-19 is one of the viruses that can cause respiratory symptoms. There are many viruses. So, the idea is to take samples from these 119 and analyse them and that would give us an idea of how much COVID-19 activity is happening in the communities.”
He said those identified to have COVID-19 will be taken to the isolation centres, in order to reduce the opportunities for transmission.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State