Gboyega Oyetola, Governor of Osun State has debunked the claim that he owned properties abroad.
This is according to a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Ismail Omipidan, on his Facebook post.
On October 3, 2021, the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) published 11.9 million leaked documents containing 2.9 terabytes of data. The Pandora Papers revealed thirty-five (35) world leaders’ secret offshore accounts, including current and former presidents, prime ministers, and heads of state, as well as more than 100 billionaires, celebrities, and business leaders.
According to the Pandora Papers, Oyetola purchased a multi-billion naira property in Westminster, London, the United Kingdom that had previously belonged to Kolawole Aluko, an international fugitive wanted for money laundering by law enforcement agencies in Nigeria and the United States.
But reacting to the pandora papers, Ismail Omipidan, wrote ;
“We have seen reports on some online media platforms concerning the PANDORA PAPERS’ allegations. This is, therefore, to set the record straight.
Mr Adegboyega Oyetola, Governor of Osun State, resigned his directorship of Aranda Overseas Corporation in 2011 when he took up the political appointment. He also surrendered his shareholding of the same company.
Since 2011 till date, he has had no association, dealings and business transactions with the said company, as he is neither a director nor shareholder of the said company.
He, therefore, could not have acquired the said property in 2017 either directly or through the said company as being alleged.
Oyetola has no relationship or link with the alleged owner of the property, Mr Kolawole Aluko, let alone go into a business dealing or transaction with him.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager