A priest of the Catholic Diocese of Enugu, Joachim Cabanyes has died of Coronavirus complications.
The Spanish priest of the Opus Dei prelature died at the isolation centre of the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) and has been buried according to the safety guidelines issued by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
ALSO READ : Ex–Edo State House of Assembly Speaker Zakawanu Garuba dies at 54. His wife, Driver Kidnapped on Their Way to His Funeral
Cabanyes served the Nigerian church for more than 20 years before his death. A tweet shared on the Twitter handle of Opus Dei Canada, read;
Fr. Joachim Cabanyes of Opus Dei died to COVID in Enugu, Nigeria. He was from Madrid. On Wed he was rushed to isolation center as he needed oxygen. He was anointed.
On Thurs he seemed better but all of a sudden at 9:00am things changed dramatically & by 10: 15 am, he had died
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal