A priest of the Catholic Diocese of Enugu, Joachim Cabanyes has died of Coronavirus complications.
The Spanish priest of the Opus Dei prelature died at the isolation centre of the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) and has been buried according to the safety guidelines issued by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
ALSO READ : Ex–Edo State House of Assembly Speaker Zakawanu Garuba dies at 54. His wife, Driver Kidnapped on Their Way to His Funeral
Cabanyes served the Nigerian church for more than 20 years before his death. A tweet shared on the Twitter handle of Opus Dei Canada, read;
Fr. Joachim Cabanyes of Opus Dei died to COVID in Enugu, Nigeria. He was from Madrid. On Wed he was rushed to isolation center as he needed oxygen. He was anointed.
On Thurs he seemed better but all of a sudden at 9:00am things changed dramatically & by 10: 15 am, he had died
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022