Governor Rotimi Akeredolu

Akeredolu has Criticized FG’s  conclusion on ISWAP being responsible for

The federal government’s designation of ISWAP as the terrorists responsible for the attack on worshippers at St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo State, has been criticized by Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State as hasty.

The state police command, the governor, and the Olowo of Owo, Oba Ajibade Ogunoye, have all denied that the killers have been apprehended.

It has been widely reported that Fulani terrorists were responsible for the Owo massacre, but the Federal Government led by President Muhammadu Buhari has denied the report, claiming ISWAP were responsible for the Owo massacre.

Read Also: Democracy Day: FG declares Monday As Public Holiday

Ejes Gist Newspaper also recalled that the traditional ruler’s palace was besieged by youth from the ancient town who demanded the arrest of the perpetrators of the town’s St. Francis Catholic church attack on Sunday.

Hundreds of young people marched to the palace after hearing that suspected terrorists had been apprehended and taken to the palace by a joint team of the Nigerian Army, Amotekun Corps, and other security forces.

They demanded that the suspected terrorists be handed over to them, pleading with the traditional ruler not to send them to Akure, the state capital.

It took the monarch several hours to persuade the youth that the information was false.

Governor Akeredolu, for his part, said he regarded the Federal government’s conclusion with skepticism, noting that ISWAP is known to claim responsibility for the attacks.

He said this during a Zoom conversation with Christian Solidarity International, a Christian human rights organization based in Switzerland (CSI).

Also Read: Funke Akindele, others’ COVID-19 convictions: Court Takes Major Decision

“It’s a hasty statement.” With a grain of salt, I accept their conclusion.

ISWAP’s attacks aren’t hidden. They would have confessed if they had done it. We don’t know yet, and our security personnel are still on the lookout. ”

Before the horrific attack, the Southwest region was a peaceful haven, according to Akeredolu, who called the attack a crime against humanity.

Advertisements

Despite the attack on the people’s psyche, the governor said, the people of the state are resilient and ready to fight insecurity.

According to him, the government is “determined to assist the victims of the attack, particularly those who have lost loved ones and those who are hospitalized.”

“We have a strategy in place to assist the victims of the attack.”

Those who have died and those who are in hospitals are included.

Pay Attention to: APC Ghana wants Tinubu to pick female running mate

We have people who have volunteered to help the state government on purpose. Some have given to the Catholic Church. ”

Akeredolu also reaffirmed his position on state police, stating that the time for them has come.

He recognised that the country’s current security architecture could not ensure the safety of people and property.

“In this country, a single police command cannot guarantee safety. We need state police right now. Amotekun faces numerous obstacles in obtaining all of the equipment required to combat these criminals.

The governor praised the international community’s response to the killing in Owo, describing it as “unprecedented.”

In an interview with Vanguard, Samuel Adewale, Special Assistant Media to Olowo of Owo, said there had been no arrests and that the palace was unsure of the source of the information that led to the angry youths’ invasion of the palace.

“The rumour was not true, there was no arrest, and we have no idea where the information came from,” Adewale said. We’ve assured the youths that security agents are still on the lookout for the criminals. ”

Richard Olatunde, the Governor’s Chief Press Secretary, also denied the suspects’ arrest.

Funmi Odunlami, the image-maker for the State Police Command, also stated that no arrests had been made in relation to the last Sunday attack on the Church in Owo.

Advertisements

Members of the public will be informed if security agencies make any arrests in connection with the Owo attack, according to Odunlami.

That is the latest Naija News Today on Owo massacre: Akeredolu Criticized FG conclusion on ISWAP as too hasty

Previous articleAmaechi To Be Jailed Now As Wike Orders His Prosecution
Next articleWeek 49 Pool Result 2022 Sat June 11 – AUSSIE Wk 49 Pool results Pool Agent

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.