Governor Yahaya Bello
Former political appointees that worked under the immediate past administration in Kogi State have cried out for help after being owed over four months salary arrears.
A report by DailyPost revealed that the ex-political appointees served under the Administration of Captain Idris Wada between 2012 to 2016.
Spokesperson, forum of Kogi State Ex-political Appointees Honourable Austin Alaba Medaiyedu, who confirmed this in a statement on Tuesday, appealed to Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State to emulate Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State by paying their four months outstanding salaries to enable them cope with the stay at home order against the spread of Coronavirus in the state.
Medaiyedu noted that fund was captured in the 50.08 Billion naira Bailout fund that was collected by Bello’s administration in his first tenure of office.
“It is very important for the Governor to know that we have just lost one of our members, Honourable Abdulmumuni who was a former Commissioner for Science and Technology from Central Senatorial District to the cold hands of death because he could not afford to pay for his medical bills at the most critical point of his illness.
“Aside the harvest of deaths of our members, those of us who are still alive are seriously finding it difficult to make ends meet.
“Save for the timely assistance from family, friends and good Samaritans who paid for my medical bills, I almost lost my life over a very sensitive and critical Surgical Operation on my stomach at the Federal Medical Center, Lokoja.
“If the reconciliation initiatives by the Governor’s Chief of Staff is anything to go by, our FOUR Months Outstanding Salaries ought to be paid without further delay.
“The common saying that “Kogi State Belongs to All of Us” can only make sense to us if all KOGITES are treated the same way. Having served our dear state with all our hearts, we do not really deserve to be neglected,” Medaiyedu stated.
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International