Together, Buhari and Osinbajo will script a glorious future for Nigeria
The Presidency has issued an official statement to confirm that there is an on-going, unprecedented overhaul of the nation’s seat of government, in which a number of political appointments have either been revoked or not renewed in the Second Term.
The exercise, which has been ordered by the President, is to streamline decision-making, cut down multiple authorities and reduce the cost of administration. It is also an appropriate response to the general perception that the Presidency has an oversized and bloated workforce which acts as a drag on efficiency.
See the rest of the statement signed by Garba Shehu below….
As may have been noticed by discerning members of the public, a number of political appointees among the few that served in the office of the President were not returned for the Second Term.
The office of the Vice President, His Excellency Yemi Osinbajo has, in compliance with the directive of the President, equally been shed of a number of such appointees.
In carrying out these exercises, the overriding objective is to save taxpayer money and deliver needed service to the public. As far as the President is concerned, there is no scope for an excuse for administration after getting a huge mandate to run the country for four more years.
In the light of this, the Presidency wishes to strongly deny rumours of a rift between President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo. The relationship between the two leaders remains excellent and trusting. Together, they will script a glorious future for the nation.
The media reports of a soured relationship are originating from the minds and mouths of mischief makers, who are desperate for entertaining stories from the Aso Rock Villa with which to titillate the public. This ulterior motive is the basis of the wrong interpretation given to the recent exercise in the Presidency.
There has been a streamlining of staff going on for a while. The President has always had fewer staff than the Vice President, and there were always plans to reduce the number of staff at the Villa.
The streamlining was not personal or targeted to undermine the Vice President’s office, as the so-called insider sources quoted by the media appear to make it seem.
The President is in absolute control of his government. The media should stop attributing non-existent powers to some people. There cannot be anyone too powerful for President Buhari to control.
Pay Attention To:
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise