ALSO READ : Watch “Pastor Jerry Eze New Season Prophetic Prayers and Declaration [NSPPD] – 10TH MARCH 2021” on YouTube
Ex-Governor of Delta State, James Ibori, and his associates stole £100 million (N527 billion) from Nigeria, which is expected to be returned to the country.
Abubakar Malami (SAN), the Attorney-General of the Federation, stated this on Channels Television’s Politics Today programme on Tuesday. Aside from the Ibori loot, he said, $100 million linked to the late Head of State, Gen Sani Abacha, was also expected.
ALSO READ : Lagos State High Court Workers Filmed Sleeping Behind The Reception Desk During Work Hours (Video)
“As it stands, we have recovered £4.2 million from the United Kingdom. Even as it relates to the Ibori assets, we are still pursuing other assets.
The amount involved was in the region of £100 million (N2.2 billion), and we were able to recover a fraction of £4.2 million from it. “We are still pursuing an additional sum in the region of £100 million (N527 billion), and that will be a function of conviction and the subsequent recovery process,” he said.
The money would not be given to the Delta State Government, according to the AGF, because the crime that led to the diversion of the funds was a federal crime.
Source : www.ejesgist.com
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2021 For Graduates