Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works in Nasarawa State, Alhaji Jibrin Giza, was in the early hours of Sunday, abducted by yet-to-be-identified gunmen.
READ ALSO : Supreme Court Fix date To Hear David Lyon Appeal
Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Bola Longe, confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria in Lafia.
Longe told NAN that the permanent secretary was abducted by gunmen from his residence at Shabu, a suburb of Lafia about 12:40 a.m., to an unknown destination.
According to the CP, the DPO in the area had already mobilised some officers and men who are on the trail of the fleeing abductors and their victims.
Longe added that he had ordered the DCP Operations, Officer in Charge of Special Anti-Robbery Squad, OC Counter-Terrorism, and Commander Police Mobile Force 58, to comb the area to ensure the safe rescue of the victim and arrest of his abductors.
He also vowed that the command would not rest on its oars until the victim regains his freedom.
Longe further said that the abductors were yet to establish any contact with the victim’s family.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health