Report had it that Workers in Osun State have declared their intention to begin an indefinite strike following the refusal of the state government to revert to paying them full salary and arrears despite the receipt of the third tranche of N6.3 billion Paris Club loan refund.
The workers under the umbrella of the Osun State Joint Public Service Negotiating Council gave the strike notice in a statement issued on Friday following an emergency meeting of labour leaders on Thursday.
According to punch online the notice of strike was signed by the Chairman JPSNC, Bayo Adejumo; Chairman, Nigeria Labour Congress, Tunde Adekomi and the Trade Union Congress Chairman, Bowale Adekola and leaders of various affiliate unions.
The notice read thus , “Consequent upon the refusal of the government of Osun State to accede to the demands of the workers and pensioners as contained in our letter of Tuesday, December 5, 2017, the workers of Osun State will be proceeding on an indefinite strike by 27th December , 2017.”
Gov. Okowa Hijack UPU Leadership, as Chief Joe Omene and Chief Moses TIAGA Battles Bitterly
The labour leaders enjoined the workers to stay at home until they received another directive from them concerning the strike.
Recall the labour leaders had on Tuesday disagreed with Governor Rauf Aregbesola over his insistence on paying November salary with the modulated scheme which makes workers from grade level 08 and above collect between 75 and 50 per cent of their salaries.
The workers had insisted that the state had the financial ability to pay them full salaries, saying most of them had been collecting half salaries since September 2015. But the governor in a statement issued by his Commissioner for Information, Mr. Adelani Baderinwa, pleaded that they should exercise more patience till the state was able to revert to paying full salary.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- INEC Recruitment 2020 for Edo and Ondo Election |pres.inecnigeria.org
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Massive Job Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited (30 Positions)
- TOS TV Network 2020 Job Recruitment (23 Positions)
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]