The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has expressed concern over reports that some observers and journalists were being arrested and prevented from operating in some polling units in the Osun State governorship supplementary election.
In a tweet on Thursday, the electoral umpire said the issue was being taken up with the security agencies.
INEC had declared last Saturday’s election inconclusive after announcing that the margin between the two top candidates was less than the total number of votes in polling units where voting was cancelled.
PDP candidate Ademola Adeleke led the race with 353 votes after polling 254,698 votes, as against the 254,345 votes his closest rival, Gboyega Oyetola of the APC got.
Consequently, the commission fixed Thursday (today) for a rerun in seven polling units, with a possible 3,498 votes up for grabs.
The exercise started at about 8:00 am amidst a downpour.
Observers, however, say the turn out was massive and so far, the exercise has been hitch-free.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021