Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo said he wondered how past Nigerian leaders, including a military dictator, Ibrahim Babangida; former President Olusegun Obasanjo and former President Goodluck Jonathan, spent the oil revenues that accrued to the country during their administrations.
According to a statement on Monday by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr Laolu Akande, the Vice-President said this while answering questions from Nigerians at a town hall meeting in Minnesota, the United States of America, on Sunday. Osinbajo said Nigeria’s problems were not about geographical restructuring but about proper management of the country’s resources.
While relying on the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries’ statistics on oil revenues accruable to Nigeria under successive administrations between 1990 and 2014, the Vice-President said not much had been done in terms of infrastructure development despite the huge oil revenues realised by the country.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates