There was tension in the Ugbolu-Illah area of Delta State’s Oshimili North Local Government Area when gunmen attacked Operation Delta Safe security operatives, killing two officers.
The incident occurred on Saturday along the failed portion of the Ugbolu-Illah road with the hoodlums carrying away the deceased officers’ service rifles.
READ ALSO : Champions League Fixtures: Barcelona Faces Paris Saint-Germain in pick of Round of 16 Ties
Sources said that during the exchange of gun fire, several operatives in the patrol team suffered serious bullet injuries.
Local sources complained that the road was a safe haven, especially at night, for armed robbers to operate on a regular basis.
According to a source, in the last four years, no less than 10 policemen have lost their lives on that path to armed robbery attacks.
The source who said that he was directly behind the vehicle used for the operation by the hoodlums alleged that the suspected armed robbers opened fire on the policemen who returned fire on arrival at the check point, which is just the failed part, adding that some of the policemen fled into the woods.
He said that when the dust settled, the two police officers were found dead, adding that “the armed robbers asked us to reverse and go back, that they were for the police.”
READ ALSO : Exposed: How New EFCC Chairman, Abdulrasheed Bawa was Arrested and detained for corruption worth over ₦2 Billion
There were also so many passengers, including me, running into the bush for cover. Hilux police patrol and Sienna buses came to the spot later.
“About an hour after the robbery incident, four Operation Delta Hawk patrol vans entered the Ugbolu community.”
Meanwhile, an apparently stray bullet from a police team allegedly killed a 75-year-old woman in the neighbourhood.
The police squad was said to be pursuing a car when they fired shots in an effort to demobilise the fleeing vehicle, refusing to stop looking.
While DSP Onome Onovwakpoyeya, the state police public relations officer, could not be reached as calls to her phone rang unanswered, the incidents were reported by a senior police officer at the command headquarters in Asaba.
The senior officer reported that the Asagba Palace of Asaba had already waded into the matter of the alleged shooting of the 75-year-old woman in order to appease the family.
# Operation Delta Safe
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State