Embattled chief govt officer of Air Peace, Allen Onyema’s passport has been seized by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) after being indicted for financial institution fraud and laundering over $20 million from Nigeria via US financial institution accounts in a scheme involving false paperwork which he allegedly used in shopping for aeroplanes.
The passport of the Airline CEO was seized by the anti-graft company after being grilled by its operatives over his involvement in the alleged rip-off.
A EFCC source advised The Nation that the anti-graft company must set up a prima facie case, arraign the suspect in court earlier than any extradition application will be initiated.
“Following his interaction with our detectives, it became imperative to restrict his movement to the country because we will need him from time to time,” the newspaper quoted a source in the fee have mentioned.
“We have seized his passports for an unfettered complete investigation. And to this point, he has cooperated with our staff.
“During our interplay, he maintained his innocence. We have, nonetheless, made progress in our preliminary investigation.
“The extradition course of is inside the purview of the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation. You should not neglect that the EFCC has to analyze, set up prima facie case and arraigning the suspects in court earlier than any extradition application will be initiated.
“The US government knows what to do as far as the invocation of the MLAT is concerned. We are only fulfilling our own part of the collaboration with the relevant US agencies.”
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]