Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu
Nnamdi Kanu has stated that the idea that Nigeria is one is a deceit perpetuated by the ruling class.
The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, spoke on Thursday while speaking at the ‘2nd Never Again Conference: 51 Years After Nigerian-Biafra Civil War’ organised by an Igbo think-tank, Nzuko Ummuna.
The IPOB leader insisted on the secession of Biafra, adding that the entity called Nigeria has failed.
Kanu said the 1966 war was not an Igbo war but a revolution from conscious members of the society.
He noted that only the South can carry out a revolution because of the way the North is structured.
Kanu blamed the structural problems of the country on the founding fathers of Nigeria who according to him, failed to interrogate the amalgamation of the Southern and Northern protectorates at the onset.
He said there cannot be oneness in Nigeria when cattle-herders slaughter people all over the country, yet the Federal Government has not designated Miyetti Allah as a terror group.
Kanu said, “We are in a country where the Fulani massacre people on a daily basis. They were called terrorists and later insurgents and now they are called bandits. But these are Fulani herders killing people. Nobody has ever designated Miyetti Allah as a terrorist group.
“We live in these lies and deceit and some people have the guts to say, ‘One Nigeria’. Nigeria that came into existence only 60 years ago. How about the ethnic nationalities that existed before Britain was formed?
“Nobody has the guts to interrogate the formation called Nigeria. How then do you want the country to move forward? How do you expect healing and reconciliation? How is that possible? You and I know that that is not going to be possible.”
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today , Latest Naija News Loaded ,
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff