The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, has said that a man lost his life while three adults were injured in a gas explosion which took place at Palmgroove Estate, Lagos.
The LASEMA Director-General, Dr. Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, who confirmed the accident on Monday, said that the three injured people had been hospitalized.
ALSO READ : Investigative Panel Proclaims AfDB Leader, Akinwumi Adesina Innocent Of All Corruption Charges
Oke-Osanyintolu said that LASEMA received an emergency call at about 6:p.m. on Monday that a gas explosion had occurred at 13C Palmgroove Estate, Cappa Avenue in Lagos.
According to him, upon arrival at the scene of the incident, a gas cylinder used in filling an outdoor air conditioner split unit of a storey building exploded as a result of gas leakage from the cylinder.
“This accident resulted in the death of a 30-year-old male, Usman Bello, while the other three men sustained different degrees of injuries.
”The LASEMA Response Team, the Nigeria Police and the Lagos State Fire Service are responders at the scene of the incident.
“All the occupants in the building which belong to Mr. Dayo Shofolawe, have been evacuated.
”The scene of the incident has been cordoned off to prevent any secondary incident,” Oke-Osanyintolu said.
However, he also urged the residents not to enter into the premises, adding that there were visible cracks on the walls and pillars while recovery operation was still ongoing.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative