Gov Rotimi Akeredolu
Ondo state government has granted permission to churches in the state to hold Easter celebration services on Sunday April 12 despite the total ban on public gatherings in the state due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
A statement released by the chairman of Ondo chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria(CAN), Reverend John Oladapo, today Wednesday April 8, said the state government granted permission on condition that all churches would adhere strictly to all precautionary measures to avert the spread of Coronavirus.
Oladapo said part of the conditions include washing of hands with soap and water by worshippers, use of hand sanitisers, limiting services to 20 people in a small church building, 50 persons in a medium size while big and cathedrals must maintain 3 congregants on a pew.
The CAN chairman said the Easter services would hold between 7am and 12noon on Sunday and warned against posting the church services on social media.
Confirming the development, the state Commissioner of information and Orientation, Donald Ojogo, said the state government graciously granted the permission because Easter Sunday, isone of the most important annual celebrations of the church. He said the state Government has already communicated to the Ondo State Police Command about the permission granted to CAN.
Ojogo said there will be no Easter Retreat (Good Friday Programmes) or the Jumat service gatherings on Friday April 10th or ‘Gallilee’ services on Monday April 13th. He said the ban on all social, political and religious gatherings continues afterwards, until further notice.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State