Ondo State Governor Rotimi Akeredolu said the Yoruba rights activist, Chief Sunday Adeyemo, also known as Sunday Igboho, is a child of dilemma.
After he issued an ultimatum for criminal herdsmen to vacate Oyo State over the rape, abductions, killings and maimings attributed to them in the state, Igboho gained prominence.
A seven-day ultimatum issued by Akeredolu for herdsmen to vacate the forest reserves in Ondo State because of their alleged criminal activities was followed by his ultimatum.
Speaking during an interview on Politics Today’s Channels Television programme on Monday, Akeredolu said it is necessary to look at the circumstances that led to his and Igboho’s interventions.
Sunday Igboho is a child of circumstances. We have to look at the situation that led to each of these measures.
For one thing, I have always said that I’m not going to support anyone who takes the laws into their own hands. I had to go to Ibadan because of that. That’s why I’m going to go everywhere in the South-West to preach about illegal activities and that we are against illegal activities. We’re not at all there for it.
At times, there are things we do that you have to know what has led to them. Such circumstances may not be justifiable, may not be legal, but you’ll know we’re a child of circumstances when you look at it.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Recruitment at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- Guinness Nigeria Plc Digital & eCommerce Talent Pool Recruitment 2021
- Shell Petroleum Development Company SPDC Recruitment 2021
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org