Eighteen Ondo State lawmakers, who effected a leadership change in the State House of Assembly have alleged threats to their lives.
They have all relocated to Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.
Seven of them were allegedly beaten up and injured, last Friday, when members of the National Union of Road Transport Workers, NURTW, invaded the assembly, after the Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun, and his Deputy, Ogundeji lroju, were impeached.
The lawmakers relocated to Ibadan following fear of further attacks by the NURTW members.
A former speaker of the assembly, Olajumoke Akindele, who was allegedly assaulted in the mayhem unleashed on the assembly, called on President Muhammadu Buhari and his wife, Aisha to protect women in politics from molestation, intimidation and harassment, as meted to her on Friday.
“My family members, my colleagues and my dear life are no longer safe. I have been marked for assassination for standing against corruption,” she said.
They equally appealed to Governor Akeredolu to allow the legislative arm of government function independently without interference.
Meanwhile, the APC in the state has denied involvement in the invasion of the assembly last week by thugs.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022
- Shell Petroleum Development Company SPDC 2022 Recruitment for Graduates
- Landmark University Recruitment for Non Academic staff
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022
- Asaba Specialist Hospital Massive Job Recruitment for Graduates and Non-Graduate
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022