The Nigerian Bar Association, NBA has disowned Alleged plot to commence impeachment process on President muhammadu buhari over the rearrest of #Revolution Now , convener , Omoyele Sowore by the Department of State Security, DSS.
This was contained in press statement made available to EJES GIST signed by it’s Publicity Secretary, Kunle Edun.
The statement thus reads;
DSS V SOWORE – ATTEMPTED ARREST OF
SOWORE AT THE FEDERAL HIGH COURT ON
FRIDAY, 06 DECEMBER 2019
1. Our attention has been drawn to a purported call by the Nigerian Bar Association (“NBA”) for, amongst others, the commencement of impeachment proceedings by the National Assembly against President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR in the event that the Director General of the Department of State Security is not sacked by the President following the attempted arrest of Omoyele Sowore in the courtroom of the Federal High Court in Abuja last Friday, 06 December 2019.
2. That publication does not represent the position of the NBA and was not known to nor mandated by the NBA President. The Nigerian Bar Association Constitution, 2015 (as amended) mandates only the President to speak on behalf of the Association and he had made the position of the NBA known to everyone in his interview with Channels Television that was broadcast live on Friday, 06 December 2019 in its 10pm network news slot. That broadcast has been rebroadcasted through YouTube links and can easily be downloaded therefrom by anyone.
3. In no part of that interview did the NBA involve the National Assembly neither did we call for the impeachment of the President over the incident. We condemned in unmistakable terms the incident and the conduct of the DSS and called for the
Department to tender a public apology to the Nigerian people, but we did not howsoever personalize the grave issues that arose from the incident. That broadcast remains the position of the Nigerian Bar
NBA Publicity Secretary
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates