Tsola Emiko, the newly crowned Olu of Warri, claims that his grandfather placed an ancestral curse on Nigeria.
On Saturday, the 37-year-old monarch spoke at his coronation as the 21st ruler of the Warri Kingdom in Delta state.
Also Read : Meet Olu Of Warri, Tshola Emiko the Newly Crowned Ogiame Atuwatse III Biography , Net Worth, Wife, Education, and All you should know
In his inaugural speech, he claimed that his grandfather, Wilson Gbesimi Emiko, the Olu Erejuwa II, and Uku Akpolokpolo, Akenzua II of Benin, cursed Nigeria because of an alleged injustice meted out to the former.
Between 1951 and 1986, the late Erejuwa II was the Olu of Warri, and from 1933 to 1978, the Oba of Benin was the Akenzua II.
Because he believes in the interconnection of the spiritual and physical manifestations, the new king believes it is necessary to address the issue.
“While we don’t want to reopen old wounds, it’s important to remember Olu Erejuwa II’s grave injustice. He recounted his ordeal to his royal majesty, Oba Akenzua II of Benin. Both of them put a curse on the land as a result of his reaction,” he explained.
“Neither Olu Erejuwa II nor Oba Akenzua II are recorded as reversing the curse on the land. The issue was almost certainly never revisited.
“As a firm believer in the intricate interconnection between the spiritual and physical manifestation, I believe the issue should be addressed.
“I, Ogiame Atuwatse III, the 21st Olu of Warri, the first son of Olu Atuwatse II, the grandson of and direct descendant of Olu Erejuwa II, who was offended on this throne, hereby reverse the curse placed over this land as the spiritual, cultural, political, and traditional ruler of this land.
“In its place, I grant forgiveness and healing to the Nigerian federal government, whose power was used to perpetrate that crime, and I proclaim unrivalled and unprecedented peace, prosperity, progress, and development to this land.
“I bring the government of heaven down upon this land, and I command it to flow as a course that cannot be sabotaged, slowed, or stopped. It has a powerful ripple effect that extends from this kingdom to the Niger Delta, the rest of Nigeria, and even the entire African continent.”
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager