The office of the state Secretary, APC Delta State has accused Olorogun Otega of highjacking the forthcoming Delta state Congresses in a letter made available to Ejesgist Media .
The letter thus read :
30, April, 2018
The National Chairman,
All Progressives Congress,
OLOROGUN O’TEGA EMERHOR AND THE LOOMING CRISIS IN APC DELTA STATE
We wish to draw your attention to an impending crisis over the forthcoming party congresses in Delta State.
It is worthy of note that the All Progressive Congress in Delta State which has enjoyed relative peace and tranquility is presently on the throes of total fragmentation and disintegration as a result of the nefarious and unorthodox political shenanigans being exhibited by Olorogun O’tega Emerhor and his cohorts.
We have it on record that in a meeting held on Sunday, 29th April, 2018 in his Evwreni Country home, he openly boasted to the admiration of his supporters that he had discussed with and has the blessings of the National Chairman, National Secretary and the National Organising Secretary of the Party to select, compile the names and install all party executives in the state ranging from the Wards, Local Government Areas to the state. He brazenly went further to state emphatically that the current zoning arrangements as approved by the National Executive committee will not be applicable in Delta State as he has control of the materials meant for the congresses and that the officials that are coming to conduct the congresses are his nominees.
The State Executive Committee is not taking this boastings lightly given the fact that up till this very moment, the names of members of the congress committee that is coming to the State is not known to the Party hierarchy with whom they are suppose to liaise for a democratically conducted congresses.
This unethical and Machiavellian approach does not only negate all laid down guidelines and rules of our great party but also an affront against the principles of internal Democracy contained in our party constitution.
These unwholesome attitude and way of doing things has not only engendered an atmosphere of fear, suspicion and deep animosity amongst party faithful but it has also caused a war of attrition between party leaders, critical stake-holders and aspirant alike that is threatening tear the Party apart.
Presently, these sinister maneuvering and scheming by Olorogun O’tega Emerhor in his perfected effort to hijack the structures of the Party in the State, has no doubt cast a dark and gloomy shadow over the fortunes of the party in the forthcoming 2019 general elections and if not nip in the bud will result in the total implosion.
In conclusion, we believe that all these events currently unfolding in the Delta State is in continuation of the Chief John Odigie-Oyegun schemes to foist upon the incoming National Executives Committee of our great Party a situation of chaos and total helplessness in the administration of the Party.
We therefore urge the National Executive Committee to as a matter of urgency call Olorogun O’tega Emerhor and his co-travellers to order and to stop forthwith:
1. Arrogating to himself the powers and functions of the State Executive Committee by calling illegal meetings of the Party without due consultation with the State Executive Committee, Stakeholders and leaders.
2. The issuance of threats to Party Executive members from the wards L.G.As and state who refused to kowtow to his unholy and vain-glorious demands.
3. To allow internal democracy as enshrined in the Constitution of our great Party to thrive.
4. To direct the members of the various congress committees to liaise with the State Executive Committee for a credible and transparent conduct of the congresses.
Long live All Progressives Congress!
Long live Delta State!
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Comrade Chidi Okonji
Secretary, APC Delta State.
President, Federal Republic of Nigeria
Executive Governor, Edo State
H.E. (C omr.) Adams Oshiomhole
Chairman, National Convention Planning Committee
Director, State Security Service
Inspector General of Police
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International