Okowa Converts Ozoro Polytechnic, Agbor College Of Education, other To Universities
Governor Ifeanyi Okowa has written to the Delta State House of Assembly requesting it to convert the College of Education, Agbor, Anwai Campus of DELSU and the state-owned polytechnic in Ozoro in Isoko North to full-fledged universities.
The three bills were read on the floor of the Delta House of Assembly by its speaker, Sheriff Oborevwori, during Tuesday plenary.
Okowa is pursuing the conversion of College of Education, Agbor, to Delta State University of Education, Agbor, Delta State University, Anwai Campus, to Delta State University of Science and Agriculture, Anwai and Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro, to Delta State University of Science and Technology, Ozoro.
According to the letter by the governor announcing the introduction of the bills urged the lawmakers to give required legislative acts to the three bills.
Agbor is a few metre drive from Owa Oyibu where Governor Okowa has also established teaching institute for teachers in the state. Anwai is a village near Asaba, the state capital, with a campus of Delta State University (DELSU), Abraka. Both are in Delta North part of the state.
While the Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro, one of the polytechnics established during the administration of former Governor James Ibori, will be upgraded to Delta State University of Science and Technology, Ozoro.
Governor Okowa in the letter to the House said the proposed laws are to upgrade three existing higher institutions in the state to statues of Universities.
Oborevwori clarified that the governor in the letter posited that the change was as a result of the continuous increase in the number of Deltans jostling for space into the few established universities due to increase in the number of admission seekers.
He further claimed that the decision was also to keep up with the federal government decision to upgrade educational and technical education in the country by providing degree-awarding institutions in these areas.
The three bills have been slated for first reading on Wednesday, 28th January 2021.
The move is coming amidst concerns from stakeholders that the state-owned institutions were still poorly funded.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State