Okowa Announces Full Autonomy For Delta Judiciary
There is a new fresh air in Delta State following financial autonomy for other arms of Government.
The state judiciary has been given financial autonomy, according to Delta’s Executive Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa.
This was mentioned by Okowa during a meeting with the state’s chief judge, Marshal Umokoro, on Tuesday.
The governor stated that the state legislature and courts now enjoy full autonomy as a result of the development.
“Earlier today, in a meeting with Justice Marshal Umukoro, Delta State’s top judge, and other judges in the state’s judiciary, I was happy to announce that, in accordance with the law, Delta State’s judiciary has been given full autonomy,” Okowa said.
“This is because, with my signing of the judicial autonomy law in January 2021 and the top judge’s establishment of the necessary committees, our great state has begun the process of establishing full judiciary autonomy.
“As we seek to improve our democratic processes across the board, we are pleased to see that Delta State now has a fully autonomous legislature and judiciary.”
Remember that on May 22, 2020, President Muhammadu Buhari signed Executive Order 10 into law, requiring all states to incorporate the allocations of both the legislature and the judiciary in the first-line charge of their budgets.
# Okowa Announces Full Autonomy For Delta Judiciary
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Massive Recruitment at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates