Environmental Right Action/Friends of the Earth Nigeria, ERA/FoEN, yesterday, solicited the establishment of specialised laboratories for oil spill related tests to resolve spill related conflicts in the Niger Delta region.
land polluted with oil spills
ERA/FoEN made the appeal in its report on the September 2017 spill incident at Agip’s 10″ Tebidaba-Clough-Creek pipeline in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of Bayelsa State.
It will be recalled that the clean-up of the oil leak, which discharged about 180 barrels of crude into the environment, was delayed until the Bayelsa State Government intervened to resolve the disagreement.
Mr Marco Rodondi, District General Manager, Nigeria Agip Oil Company, said that the conflict between the community and Agip frustrated the clean-up efforts, which had currently reached the final stage.
The report urged the federal and state governments as well as interventionist agencies in the Niger Delta region to set up specialised laboratories to facilitate the speedy resolution of oil spill pollution-related conflicts between oil firms and their host communities.
Source : Vanguard
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health