A faction of Ohanaeze Ndigbo identified Professor George Obiozor’s election as the president of the association as unconstitutional and dragged him to court.
In an application lodged on 14 January before the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) High Court in Bwari, Abuja, the Ohanaeze group, headed by Uche Okwukwu, prays that Obiozor will be prevented from parading himself as the president-general of the apex Igbo socio-political organisation.
Obiozor is a former Nigerian Ambassador to Cyprus, Israel and the United States.
He was recently declared the winner of the election organised by John Nnia Nwodo-led Ohanaeze Ndigbo, held in Owerri, Imo State.
READ ALSO : Buhari’s Minister in Trouble as Senate Asks Ministry to Refund N98.4m Collected for Flyers
But, in a motion on notice, FCT/HC/BIU/M/14/21, brought against Obiozor and the Incorporated Trustees of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, the Okwukwu group wants the former ambassador, his proxies or any other restrained from parading himself as Ohanaeze’s president until the substantive suit has been decided.
READ ALSO: The election of Obiozor as president of Ohanaeze, well-deserved-Buhari
The 1st and 2nd plaintiffs in the suit are Chief Uche Okwukwu and Prince Richard Ozuobu, while the 1st and 2nd plaintiffs are the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo and the Incorporated Trustees of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
The claimants stated that Obiozor was a victim of an unconstitutional election held in Owerri on January 10, 2021, so the court should restrict him, officers, and servants from holding or summoning any Ohanaeze Ndigbo meeting without consulting the Secretary General as prescribed by the Constitution.
In their original summons, they demanded an interpretation of Articles 10, 11, 14 and 21 of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo Constitution, brought in compliance with Rules 1, 3 and 4 of Order 2 of the Federal High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (Civil Procedure) Rules 2018 and Section 6(6B) of the 1999 Constitution.
On January 21, 2021, the matter was fixed for a hearing.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff