No less than two persons were feared killed, while two others were injured during a heavy downpour in Katsina and surrounding communities on Monday.
The deaths reportedly occurred at Bindawa when some people took shelter under a shed that was being used to store guinea corn.
Residents said the walls of the structure collapsed during the downpour, leading to the death of the victims.
The two other persons, who sustained injuries, were reportedly taken to the Bindawa Comprehensive Health Centre for treatment.
When contacted, the spokesman for the Katsina State Emergency Management Agency, Mallam Ukasha Umar, said officials of the agency had travelled down to Bindawa for an on-the-spot assessment and had yet to return to the capital city.
“Our officials have gone to Bindawa and have yet to come back. I cannot say anything until they return,” he stated.
The rainfall, which began a few minutes after 5pm and lasted about one and half hours, was accompanied by windstorm, which uprooted many electricity poles.
Katsina and the surrounding communities had since Monday been thrown into blackout due to the development.
Google Search Terms
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021