Dr. Innocent Chukwuma
Dr. Innocent Chukwuma, the rRenowned activist, has passed away at the age of 55.
His wife, Dr. Josephine Effa-Chukwuma, also an activist, who leads the Project Alert on Violence Against Women, confirmed the development to The PUNCH on Sunday.
The PUNCH was informed that he died of leukemia after a one-week relapse.
Chukwuma, who was the Regional Director, Ford Foundation, West Africa, began as a student union leader in the 1980s.
The deceased, who was passionate about police reforms, set up CLEEN Foundation in January 1998 with the mission of promoting public safety, security, and accessible justice through the strategies of empirical research, legislative advocacy, demonstration programmes, and publications, in partnership with government, civil society, and the private sector.
Chukwuma was among the biggest advocates for police reforms and helped champion the amendment of the Police Service Act last year.
News Search Terms
Latest News in Nigeria , Naija Gist Amebo, Instant Naija Newspapers, Naija News ,Naija News Now, Legit News, Talk of Naija News, Naija News Gossip, Nigeria news, Latest Naija News Loaded, Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria , Latestnewsinnigeria
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021