Yisa Sofoluwe, a former Super Eagles defender is currently on life support at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, The PUNCH reports.
Sofoluwe had been diagnosed for mild cerebral atrophy at the Prince and Life Medical Hospital, Ikorodu, Lagos, but was moved to LUTH on Friday after his medical condition became worse.
Ex-international Waidi Akanni told The PUNCH that Sofoluwe was currently on oxygen and is battling to survive.
“He’s on oxygen as we speak and that’s between life and death. He has been transferred to LUTH for intensive care,”Akanni told The PUNCH.
“He needs adequate treatment to recover well. I’m calling on Nigerians to come to his aid.”
Sofoluwe had 40 caps and scored one goal for Nigeria and was a member of the Eagles squads which reached the final of the 1984 and 1988 AFCON tournaments.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today , Latest Naija News Loaded ,
Pay Attention To:
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited