The Ogun State Government through Ogun State Property and Investment Corporation has expressed shock over the fire incident that gutted the OPIC Plaza at Ikeja, which claimed many lives, while some are seriously injured.
In a released signed by the Special Adviser and Managing Director of the Corporation, Arc. Abiodun Fari-Arole, he described the tragic incident as a rude shock and unforeseen one, as it was understood from a preliminary report that the fire was caused by a LPG tanker that exploded in front of the Plaza.
He added that people injured during the unfortunate incident are presently receiving adequate treatment, while he expressed his sincere condolences to the families of the deceased ones.
The MD commended the efforts of the fire service men who promptly responded when called upon he also appreciated the efforts of security officials who prevented hoodlums from taking advantage of the incident.
Arc. Abiodun therefore noted that speculations on the general impact of the incident should be avoided, saying that the report of the investigation into the fire incident would be awaited as events continue to unfold.
He noted that three bodies were recovered at the press release in addition to earlier two recovered bodies, making total of five dead bodies recorded in the fire incident.
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE