Former deputy governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Dr Obadiah Mailafia is dead.
- Mailafa Obadiah, a former deputy governor of Nigeria’s Central Bank (CBN), has died
- Until his death, Malaifa was also a columnist for the Vanguard newspapers.
Read Also: Obadiah Mailafia Interview On Boko Haram
Mailafa Obadiah ‘s cousin who pleaded anonymity, said he explained that he was having malaria and cattarh.
At the age of 64, the most powerful economist in Southern Kaduna died after a long battle with an undisclosed illness.
The former deputy governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria died at the National Hospital in Abuja, according to reports.
Mailafia made headlines recently when he claimed that a northern governor was one of the terror group’s top leaders.
The Department of State Services (DSS) summoned him over the allegation and interrogated him for hours before releasing him.
Mailaifa had talked on the killings in Southern Kaduna, one of the parts of the North-West region worst hit by banditry.
The interviewer had asked Mailaifa if the government was unwilling to protect the people of Southern Kaduna, to which he replied that some residents believed the government was sponsoring the killers.
Dr Mailafia said, “Some of us also have our intelligence networks. I have met with some of the bandits; we have met with some of their high commanders – one or two who have repented – they have sat down with us not once, not twice.
“They told us that one of the northern governors is the commander of Boko Haram in Nigeria. Boko Haram and the bandits are one and the same. They have a sophisticated network. During this lockdown their planes were moving up and down as if there was no lockdown.
“They were moving ammunition, moving money, and distributing them across different parts of the country.”
Tags: Mailafa Obadiah is dead,
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers