Afenifere, a pan-Yoruba organisation, has stated that there is nothing wrong with Sunday Igboho, a Yoruba nation agitator, fleeing the country for Benin Republic to save his life and re-strategize.’
The Department of State Security DSS on July 1 declared Igboho wanted after his home was raided and his foot soldiers were arrested. Security officers claimed they searched his residence after receiving information that he was stockpiling weapons. Igboho was detained in the Benin Republic last month while attempting to fly to Germany with his wife, Ropo.
According to Jare Ajayi, the organization’s national publicity secretary, there is nothing wrong with an Igboho requesting asylum to save his life.
“We recall that Moses had to be transported away from Pharaoh’s and his agents’ prying eyes in Egypt. In order to avoid persecution, Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W) had to flee his hometown of Mecca for Medina. As a result, there’s nothing wrong with Igboho taking a respite in order to save his life and possibly re-strategize.
What is now regarded as Sunday Igboho travail ought not to occur at all if there had been good governance in Nigeria and people are not harassed without any just cause.
It is so sad that President Muhammadu Buhari administration is concentrating on hunting and harassing those who are seeking relief from the oppressive situation in Nigeria while shying away from tackling the menaces of kidnapping, terrorism and antics bordering on ethnic cleansing.
By its conduct, the government is giving people reasons to believe the allegation that it is pursuing a Fulanisation agenda. Harassment of freedom agitators and innocent citizens must stop forthwith”the statement read.
Always visit ejesgist.com for Sunday Igboho latest news today
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria