Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, the Senate Minority Leader, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari is not doing enough to address the country’s insecurity.
READ ALSO : Former CBN Governor Charles Soludo Whereabouts Unknown, After Attack, Three Police Aides Killed
On Wednesday, March 31, Abaribe said that no one, including the service chiefs, takes President Buhari seriously when it comes to dealing with insecurity.
The senator noted that during Buratai’s tenure as Chief of Army Staff, Buhari issued similar orders, despite the President’s pledge that this would be the last kidnapping.
“Why would we take him (President Muhammadu Buhari) seriously? Just the day after he had said we would no longer accept all these kidnappings, this would be the last, they kidnapped the last day.
“And those people are still there; those innocent Nigerians are still in captivity up till now. He always makes a statement. Every time these things happen, nothing happens. So it is obvious nobody takes him seriously with that. Even the military chiefs, I don’t think they bother themselves.
“This is about the umpteenth time that we are hearing the President giving a marching order. Throughout the Buratai time as the Chief of Army Staff, he was always giving marching orders so he has given just another one.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021