In Today’s Nnamdi Kanu News, the court ordered the DSS to allow him to change clothes, practice his faith, and give him the maximum comfort possible in custody.
The judge issued the verbal order on Thursday after Kanu’s lawyer, Ifeanyi Ejiofor, complained in his application that his client was being denied certain things while in detention.
Kanu’s trial has been rescheduled for January 18, 19, and 20, 2022.
The Judge granted an abridgement of time after a passionate plea to that effect, which resulted in the trial date being shifted.
Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Kanu’s lawyer, had applied with the court, requesting that the trial be rescheduled for November and December this year rather than January 19.
However, Shuaib Labaran, who represented the federal government, told the court that a counter affidavit opposing Kanu’s request had been filed and served on him.
However, Justice Nyako interjected and told Kanu’s lawyer that the application for time abridgement could not be considered because there is no judicial time for such a matter.
The case diary of the court was read to the lawyer in the ensuing drama to establish that the court has a backlog of cases to deal with.
However, in response to the insistence, Justice Nyako agreed to reschedule other cases scheduled for January 18 to make room for the trial, which will take place on January 19 and 20.
Kanu was also allowed to practice his faith, change his clothes, and be given the most comfortable detention facility possible, according to Justice Nyako.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- Titan Trust Bank Recruitment 2021/2022 For Graduates
- Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021/2022 – NCS Application Form & Portal Registration
- SaroAfrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (North and Middle-Belt)
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- Saroafrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (East, West & South)
- Massive Recruitment At Wema Bank Plc ( Apply Now )
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022