NLC members protesting at the National Assembly
The nationwide protest announced by the Nigeria Labour Congress and its allies has kicked off in Abuja on Wednesday.
Members of the NLC and its allies are currently at the National Assembly Complex, protesting moves by lawmakers to remove minimum wage from Exclusive Legislative List to Concurrent Legislative List.
The union had on Tuesday, mobilised its members across the country to embark on the protest today (Wednesday).
Those residing in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, were asked to converge at the National Assembly complex, while members in the 36 states were also urged to block state assemblies.
In a circular by NLC in Abuja on Tuesday, labour leaders disclosed that the protest would start from the Unity Fountain Abuja at 7:30am, to the National Assembly complex.
The bill to remove the minimum wage from Exclusive List to Concurrent List was sponsored by Garba Datti Mohammed of Sabon Gari Federal Constituency, Kaduna State, and has passed the first and second reading in the House of Representatives.
News Search Terms
Latest News in Nigeria , Naija Gist Amebo, Instant Naija Newspapers, Naija News ,Naija News Now, Legit News, Talk of Naija News, Naija News Gossip, Nigeria news, Latest Naija News Loaded, Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria , Latestnewsinnigeria
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)