“Safety studies show that COVID ORGANICS (CVO) products do not alter the normal physiology of the animals.
“CVO caused a significant decrease in the platelet counts although the values are within the physiological range for Wistar rats.
“The increase in alkaline phosphatase observed in the CVO female group may indicate a cause of concern although the values are within the physiological ranges for Wistar rats and this was not observed in the organs.
“On the whole CVO can be considered safe based on the model used which did not cover other routes of administration, effects of long-term use, or organ histological evaluation of the test systems.
“CVO reduced cough frequency with the maximum dose tested producing an effect equivalent to that produced by the centrally acting cough-suppressant, dihydrocodeine.
“To further characterise this product based on its effect on the respiratory tract, it will be important to investigate its effect on tracheal mucus expectoration.
“While CVO dose-dependently reduced general febrile response, the effect was not sustained and was less than for indomethacin.”
Director-General of NIPRD, Dr. Obi Adigwe added;
“Well, I cannot tell you what they have done. I can only tell you what we have done here.
”The analysis we gave in our report is more detail than anything that had come from their country.
“They are hiding the analysis of their own product. If you go online, you cannot get the level of analysis that we gave.
“They are hiding a lot of things and I think it is possible that they know that they don’t have strong science backing up their claim. But our own analysis does not show any proof that it can cure COVID-19.”
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Titan Trust Bank Recruitment 2021/2022 For Graduates
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- Saroafrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (East, West & South)
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021/2022 – NCS Application Form & Portal Registration
- Massive Recruitment At Wema Bank Plc ( Apply Now )
- SaroAfrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (North and Middle-Belt)