9 Pastors have been arrested for holding church services in Bayelsa state, an act which contravened the lockdown order issued by Governor Douye Diri.
The Pastors who were arrested on Sunday May 3 by the Bayelsa State Task Force on COVID-19 include P. B. Barima of the Methodist Church, Obogoro, Timi Aaron of Believers Love World, Akenfa, Adaba Glory of Saint Paul Healing Church, and Chris Ezene of God’s Grace Salvation Ministry, Obogoro.
Others are Plus B. James of Prophetic Grace Love Ministry, Opolo; Alfred Munemune of Halleluyah Deliverance Ministries International; Daniel Owi, Winners Chapel, Obogoro; Sardauna Oguta, All for Christ Zion Church, Akenfa 3; and Tony Justice Samugba, New Covenant Tabernacle Ministry also of Akenfa 3.
The permanent secretary in the Ministry of Information and member of the task force, Freston Akpor said the pastors are being detained at the police headquarters in the state and would be charged to court for alleged violation of the COVID-19 order.
The South-South state has so far recorded 5 cases of Coronavirus.
Source : LIB
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )