Sani Aliyu, the national coordinator of the presidential task force on COVID-19 (PTF) has disclosed that the COVID-19 vaccine would be given to Nigerians free of charge.
He made this known during an appearance on Channel Television, as he said there is an assurance that over 40 million Nigerians will be vaccinated through the GAVI arrangement (a vaccine alliance created to ensure that any new COVID-19 vaccine would be shared equally between the world’s richest and poorest countries).
Sani Aliyu said;
“Yesterday, the president gave the PTF the mandate to proceed with preparations with regard to the vaccine.
“The president has also given us a marching order that the COVID-19 vaccine be available in Nigeria.
“Making use of the GAVI arrangement, we already have assurance that 20 percent of our population will be accommodated by GAVI in the vaccine.
“We don’t need to pay for that and this will cover 40 million Nigerians or so. But we have to pay for the operations and the logistics associated with it.”
When asked if the vaccine would be administered free, Aliyu said, “of course, of course”. He also advised Nigerians not to discard safety measures already in place just because of the vaccine.
Aliyu also said the PTF will make use of primary healthcare facilities that are situated in the secretariats of each of the 774 local governments areas of Nigeria for the distribution of the vaccine.
He further disclosed the primary healthcare facilities will be upgraded to take delivery and preserve the vaccine which requires cold temperature.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff