The Federal Government has stated Nigerians abroad, who wanted to be evacuated amidst the pandemic, need to be “COVID-19 free”, The PUNCH reports.
This was included in the “COVID-19 Application Form for Nigerians who want to return home” on the site of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission.
Citizens meaning to be repatriated are needed to finish the kind, The PUNCH reports.
One of the conditions for evacuation specifically specified in the kind is that Nigerian nationals going to join the evacuation flights prepared by the Federal Government need to be evaluated for coronavirus and licensed unfavorable.
“You MUST get tested for the Virus in your country of residence and be issued an Authorised Health Clearance Certificate attesting that you are COVID-19 free. This Certificate MUST be presented and authenticated by officials at the Airport in your country of departure before you are allowed to board the Aircraft,” part of the requirements check out.
Another requirement was that the expense of travel would be paid by the possible evacuees and upon landing, they would be put on a 14-day obligatory quarantine at an area authorized by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control.
Confirming this advancement, NIDCOM Chairman, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, stated the coronavirus test requirement is based upon the NCDC procedure and need to be complied with.
Dabiri-Erewa made this understood through Twitter while dealing with issues from some Nigerians abroad.
“Dear Madam, we have been instructed to go for a COVID-19 test before we can be considered for evacuation from the United States. This is both sad and shocking to us considering that we are visitors in the US with no access to any health and social care benefits,” a user, Adeolu Anthony Olagunju, had actually notified the NIDCOM chairman.
Responding, Dabiri-Erewa stated, “Beyond NIDCOM power. It is an NCDC protocol based on very cogent reasons, I am sure. We will continue to engage with them. If anything changes, our embassy will inform you. Scary times but the Lord will heal the world as we do look forward to welcoming you home soon.”
The PUNCH had actually reported that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs had actually revealed its strategies to leave Nigerians stranded abroad amidst the pandemic regardless of airport closure.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Recruitment at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- Guinness Nigeria Plc Digital & eCommerce Talent Pool Recruitment 2021
- Shell Petroleum Development Company SPDC Recruitment 2021
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com