Nigerians have been Banned from entering Europe.
Towards the planned reopening of its borders to international travellers on July 1, the European Union Commission has released a list of 54 countries that qualify for travels into Europe and Nigeria is conspicuously absent.
Schengenvisainfo.com reports that citizens from Nigeria, Brazil, Qatar, the US and Russia would not be allowed to travel into Europe until the epidemiological situation in their countries with regards to COVID-19 improves.
According to the report, the countries whose citizens have been granted permits into Europe as the union open its borders that were shut to curb the spread of COVID-19, include Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Australia, Bahamas, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Canada.
READ ALSO : European Governments Move To Veto Facebook’s Digital Money.
Others listed are Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Palau, Paraguay, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Serbia, South Korea, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia, China, Costa Rica, Cuba, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Dominica, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Guyana, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Lebanon and Mauritius.
Speaking on the development, Eric Manner, the EU Commission spokesman, said the union had the right to choose who would enter its borders. He added that it was based on health criteria.
“THE EUROPEAN UNION HAS AN INTERNAL PROCESS TO DETERMINE FROM WHICH COUNTRIES IT WOULD BE SAFE TO ACCEPT TRAVELLERS” HE SAID
The EU commission on June 11, presented its recommendation on the reopening of internal Schengen borders on June 15, so that Europeans could travel freely within the borderless areas just as they did before the COVID-19 pandemic.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization